Auditions for A Chorus Line.
Monday, October 28, 2019 at 7pm
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 At 7pm
At the Starlight Theater
7370 Highland Road, Waterford, Michigan 48327
Age 16 and beyond
Casting actors of all shapes and sizes and ages. I would like a well eclectic and
SINGING- Sing any Broadway song of your choosing (songs from the show are ok)
Dancing: Short dance combination will be taught, dress to move. . Girls bring heel
character shoes if you have them.
Reading: Cold reading from script
Plot Summary: Zach is a successful director looking for 8 dancers, 4 men and 4
females, to perform in the chorus line for his new production. After making initial
cuts, he is left with 17 dancers of varying degrees of experience. He puts the
remaining candidates through a rigorous audition process, asking them to speak on
the events that have shaped their lives and what inspired them to dance. A classic
Broadway musical that touches on the experiences of the unsung heroes of musical
theater; the chorus line.
A Chorus Line - Character Descriptions, all ages are suggested, if you fall outside the
age range still please audition)
• ZACH: Male The director and choreographer of the show.
• LARRY: Male or Female Zach’s assistant.
• ALAN DELUCA: Male. Baritone. From the Bronx . Very straight. Street
tough, macho, newly married to Kristine.
• BEBE BENZENHEIMER: Female. Alto . From Boston. Very insecure about
her looks, very funny which is a cover for her insecurities. Feels a little excluded but
just wants to be liked.
• BOBBY MILLS: Male. Baritone. Flamboyant, funny, bitchy and witty. Very
sharp tongued. Covers everything over with a joke, had a very hard childhood. From
upstate New York.
• CASSIE FERGUSON: Female. Soprano Older Dancer. Returning to the chorus
after years of being a featured performer. Very strong dancer. Shy & kind hearted.
Previously had a relationship with Zach.
• CONNIE WONG: Female looks young (lies about her age) must look younger.
Alto). Experienced dancer. SHORT. Married. A bit of a mother hen with a great
sense of humor. Born in Chinatown , Lower East Side , New York .
• DIANA MORALES: Female Alto. Streetwise, a little bit tough, eternal
optimist and starry eyed. A determined athletic dancer from the Bronx.
• DON KERR: Male. Baritone. Ladies man, married, into cars, money, and
women. Hedonist, cool, flirts with Maggie, very sure of himself. All American guy,
Cocky, worked with Zach before. From Kansas City.
• GREGORY GARDENER: Male. Baritone. Over sexed, over drugged, done it
all before. Gay. Very conscious of how he looks and appears to others. Quite a smart-
alec and has worked with Zach before. Very East Side New York.
• JUDY TURNER: Female. Mezzo. Funny, gawky, nervous, scatterbrain. Warm
and hopeful. Very awkward except when dancing.
• KRISTINE URICH: Female. Mezzo. Wide-eyed, naive. Very nervous when not
dancing. Married to Al.
• MAGGIE WINSLOW: Female. Soprano. A sweetheart, little sister type.
Dreamer. Fairly experienced dancer from California.
• MARK ANTHONY: Male. Tenor. Optimistic, first timer, naive but charming.
Great dancer and All-American kid. Hopeful and fresh, obsessed with sex. Very
young from Arizona.
• MIKE COSTA: Male. Tenor. Quite aggressive, determined, cocky, sure of
himself BUT likeable. Tap dancer who worked with Zach before. Experienced and
flirts with the girls. From New Jersey.
• PAUL SAN MARCO: Male. Baritone. Introverted and slightly insecure but
loves performing - is only now starting to feel comfortable about being gay and
accepted by his parents. From Spanish Harlem, New York. Friends with Diana.
• RICHIE WALTERS: Male. Tenor. From Missouri . African-American, strong
dancer, enthusiastic, cool and funny. Very likeable and laid back.
• SHEILA BRYANT: Female. Alto. Oldest dancer on the line. Brassy, sexy,
bitchy and sophisticated. One of the more popular dancers, very funny.
• VALERIE CLARK: Female. Mezzo. Sexy, sassy, funny & foul-mouthed. A
brazen, direct, attention seeker from Vermont.
• CUT DANCERS: 4 Males and 3 Females 18-35 singers/dancers who audition
for Zach’s show but don’t make it to the next round. Could also be in the closing
number of the show
Roles for Actors ages 16 to adults
January 17 to 26, 2020
Directed by Rob Martin
Music Directed by
For more information about the play and the roles go to